Monday 11 May 2015

Back Into the Real World!

After many hugs and farewells we left Living Valley Springs to start this new life.

We were fortunate enough to be picked up by Kevin & Jill, Jo's uncle and aunty. We took a nice leisurely trip back to Brisbane stopping off in some love spots.

So we stopped at morning tea... hmmmm thats right I shouldn't be eating, we went into a nice little French Cafe...and pretty much nothing fell into a category that I would be allowed! That's fine, I'll keep drinking water...I did a very small coffee though with Soya milk.

We get to lunch at Sunshine plaza...We did some quick shopping and then looked for lunch by ourselves. That was an incredibly painful experience. Can't have that, no to that, what about...No. This happened for 10 minutes. We finally found a salad bar...of which I had some chicken salad plus chilli concarne...I like that.

Spent a lovely rest of day in the car, and we get dropped off at the airport. Must be dinner time. After looking at all the menus, chicken and salad was the only option...is this going to be my whole life?!!!

We finally sat down at another restaurant, that said it could deal with gluten free. Exciting! By the time the chap had explained what had dairy and gluten I had an increasing headache!!! All I could have was bacon and eggs, on a piece of gluten toast, again down it went and up it came!

This made me wonder how hard it must be for people who have real issues with dairy and gluten to ever eat with confidence in a public setting. I also understand better know why these people are so organised with their own foods! Not fair really...

Later on the plane, Jo drew up this weeks menu...looks good!

So back in Whangarei, about to see how I navigate the complexities of this new challenge. 3am NZ time now, so think I should be asleep...I've missed all my melatonin time!

No comments:

Post a Comment