Friday 1 May 2015

Day 6 - Some thoughts about my progress

I've lost 4 kgs and 5 cm off the waist in my first 6 days...success huh...but alas I wasn't supposed to lose any weight. The plan was that I would have a stable week of digesting and holding my foods, and liquids and that I would detox well. Sadly with the level of sickness I've had, this has thrown out his plans at this stage and he is re-evaluating what to do.

Food, glorious food! My first meal since Monday...What a glorious meal it was. They push the idea
that breakfast should be a strong meal, with fats, veges, proteins and no sugar. they also suggest we should not drink water 1/2 hour before eating and to 1.5 hours after eating, allowing the bodies digestive system to kick in full... and to bite each mouthful around 32 times, this breaks up the food more, makes us feel fuller and allows the saliva enzymes to get a decent crack. This is something I'm terrible at... and it would allow a family to enjoy time together.
Lunch should be the second largest, dinner should be a soup or something light.
I think I'm happier today! This was a huge meal though!!!

So we got to see our results...wow, my blood test comes out at the age of a 52 year old!!!. The good news is Jo's comes out at 33 year old...I am encouraging Jo to aim for the 20's and then I'll never need a mid life crisis!!! Jokes!!!
Jo has turned out yet again to have results that they don't normally see. They are asking her to increase weight, fat and muscle. She knows all that. Very proud of her!

My results also reflect what all of you would guess, too much weight, too much fat, dehydrated and a long road ahead! A good reminder if that I am to cure one thing, I need to look at my body as a whole! He classes me as concerning, not just that stuff, but the fact that I am not responding to treatment. He is concerned about how my cortisol will be responding and has asked if I will start to consider planning my life more around a structured day...I know I need to be open to that but can't see how that will help me measure and respond to my rhythm of life. The good news is though...that is what this year is all about, trialing new things!

I've done well with the detox...coped better than thought. Have started to think more about choices in food and the rest has been considerable...not much else to do:)

The rain certainly hasn't backed off today...and you know we've had a lot when the League test was cancelled.

We have been journeying this week with 5 other people who started at the same time as we did. We have come to enjoy their company a lot, even though we are all at different ages and stages and are here for so many different things. We're like a class of kids, some cheeky, some funny, some hard working, some strong willed, and even a teachers pet(Jo). We can learn a lot for each other as we journey and its good to do that... What have I learnt from them...

  1. Its always important to find the lighter side...laughter is a great medicine.
  2. Fitness is better if you are accountable to someone... share the challenge.
  3. Never allow yourself to give up on the possibility of success.
  4. Always question whats happening, know and be critical about what the next step is.
  5. Its brave to step out to seek help, journey with someone.
  6. It doesn't matter how long you been sick, change can make a difference.
  7. Sorting out the smaller things can fix the big things.
  8. Be open with people about what you're going through, if they're having a bad day, care.
So to B, J, S, J, J & E...thanks you so much for your help and support. Jo playing pictionary with the girls...have tried to make sure no one could do a facial recognition...man they made a lot of noise!

4 comments:

  1. Looks like ur having lots of fun mummy have a good time 😄😄😄😄 love u two love from jaimee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Following your journey with much interest - I know someone here who would benefit from a visit there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice looking breakfast mate.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, brilliant looking meal

    ReplyDelete