Friday 8 May 2015

Out in the Real World

Back on food this morning...Breakfast is two eggs, on spinach, pumpkin and feta fritters, cooked tomatoes, asparagus and for those allowed dairy, Feta cheese.
I still struggle with the size and breakdown of this meal. I get the idea
that it is like fuelling a car before a long journey. I could only manage to eat half of this, and then sadly lost it half an hour lately... a typical day start for me...

Enjoyed going to the gym this morning, noticing how much pain I have in my stomach at the moment. Then we went to pick up my supplements, Jo had to go our Naturopath to slash this list because we just cant fit it in our luggage...what we are taking is 3.5kgs...can't wait for customs to pull us aside and feature on border patrol:) Jo will purchase the rest at home.

I have noticed an interesting phenomenon here...there are tiny ant hills all over the property...all over the property! Now I know Australians are proud of their country... but I reckon they live on an anthill! We asked why they don't have their own chickens for egg laying, the answer was that dingos, foxes and iguanas attack the chickens and the eggs...its just not safe out there!!! I have enjoyed reminding our Aussie friends here that barely anything wanting to kill us.
We also found this little spider today, it makes a cross on its web and where are the legs? There is a web behind this sorry about the shot.

My heart is starting to think of home, our kids, home, church, friends, school, commitments and life...so keen to get home and start putting this plan into place.
Some other goals I need to attend to:
1. Remove my Amalgam Filling, to remove the potential of Mercury
2. Sort out a possible timetable that can make sure I have a more structured timetable.
3. Biggest meal first, strong meal midday, small meal at night and no snacking. Stop thinking about what I can't have.
4. See through this dietary and supplementary change
5. Exercise, purchase some weights, bench and lose another 10kgs? Join the gym in time:)
6. Support this change with Jo in front of the children.
7. No dairy for the next 3 weeks, see if this causes me issues, it doesn't, but keeps Jo happy.
8. Don't stress it, if you make a mistake or treat yourself thats fine.

Jo and I were lucky enough to catch a ride with John, who has been with us for the fortnight. You really do form strong relationships. One of my weaknesses is getting to know people in a short time, but not here. I learn a lot from Jo about how to care, Jo was writing out recipes from last week for one of the ladies, just her gentle way of showing she cares:)

Anyway... we went to Noosa today, I sat on the phone trying to organise a Whangarei wide sports day on Tuesday...aint technology great:) Made me a tad car sick, I noticed that Aussie back roads are a bit like SH1 in the North, a little bit sad, but made it feel like home, bump bump...

We hunted out a healthy focused cafe and had this for lunch. I've never eaten so many greens in my life...tomato, avacado, tomato, cucumber, chicken, carrot, beetroot and more. It was a huge meal, and again I have learnt that you don't have to finish it to enjoy it. Embarrassingly and oh so regularly, I threw most of it up...
This was good food, I know I can enjoy this.
protein, high fat and good carbs in the vegetables and with healthy sauces:)
What saddened me was I was keen to sample some healthy muffins over my left shoulder... but decided to wait another day!

Had some lovely time enjoying the beach front and doing a bit of shopping. I needed this day, just to
get away look at the normal world and work out how you make this new lifestyle work. It was great to be tourists for the day:)

Last but not least check out this sculpture, some very talented people out there...


4 comments:

  1. Hi Scotty
    Looking forward to having you back here. Will you keep this blog going? It would be great to know how this new adventure in your story continues to unfold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good question Chris...
      I wonder if I can Jo to help more, she is the whizz on the food and educating our kids:)

      Delete
  2. Scotty, it was an absolute pleasure to meet you and Jo, you're an amazing team. Thankyou for your trust in me to help return you to health, vitality and longevity. The journey has just begun, have faith. Remember always, the body is designed to win.
    Working together, we will find the solution.
    You'll never walk alone.
    Cheers,
    Adrian
    ps tell Jo that i ate the 2nd batch of homemade chocolates meant for her. Again. Sorry...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Adrian,
      You're a legend...yep I do have faith and confidence and know you will be will be to support on this journey:) Thanks for sharing yours!
      Great to meet your family!!! laughing about the chocolates!!!
      Missed you tonight, there were none of you guys, compared to last week...
      Please stay in touch, I will get some bloods done asap:)

      Delete