Tuesday 5 May 2015

Have to get going...

Sad to say, still as sick as yesterday, but a lot of people here are trying incredibly hard to alleviate the pain and symptoms.

So a lot of focus on diet today, what should we eat... I am so not an expert in this area, Jo likes the
concept and it does seem to work here.
I grew up happily on the concept of this type of food pyramid.(On right) Seemed fine to me...
The argument is that Fats must be bad for us when in fact it is being argued that good fats and protein e.g meats/dairy should be the key part of our pyramid.
Carbohydrates in the form of vegetables, the next level, and fruits at the top. Fruit can spike our insulin if we consume too much.
And forget sugar...a rare treat
Am I a "convert" to this, I don't know, but will certainly give this a go...
Two other things stood out, Margarine is not good for us, no matter what properties it has.
We need to be primarily be eating foods in their whole form.
Oh and Coconuts are an amazing food!

One of our focus areas today was about teeth, amalgam fillings have Mercury in them. This can affect you subtly in so many ways if not attended to. So I'm off to the dentist...to remove my one amalgam filling.

Also today, I forced myself to go to the trainer, as I must start to get fit again...small baby steps. He has a really neat programme I can do at home, now all I need are some weights:) Jo came as well and it was the first time she wasn't looking fully confident...

Rod the massage guy, attacked my headaches today full force, interestingly when I started with him I had a 9/10, all over the front to top of my head headache. After some interesting pain... he moved the headache back to to a front right position and dropped it around a 7.5-8...its a start!

I had my first lymphatic massage today, its a very light pressure point type massage, can't say I noticed anything different!

Also I'm drinking charcoal to see if that can slow my bowel down...funny it made my whole mouth black...horrible to drink!

Getting to know the second group of people here really well. one of the guys here is staying here for 6 weeks, starting at 140kgs...wow he has a long road ahead...

3 comments:

  1. Praying for you Scott we are following your Journey. Keep strong!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. I think there is a really good dentist in kamo. Brett Lawrie who takes out mercury fillings so the dust doesn't go down your throat. .

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will be watching everything that goes into our mouths once you get back to school.......and I am sure reminding us you have the certificate to prove your knowledge. Keep up the great work. Cheers B

    ReplyDelete