Sunday 3 May 2015

The End of Week One... Blessings

Today was very laid back and relaxing, no programmes, no Colonics!!!

We had one teaching session relating to the power of the mind to release chemicals in the body. We looked at the importance of positive or negative thinking on the way chemicals such as endorphin's, testosterone, serotonin and others.

Today was a day to reflect on people, the first group we came with are leaving, we will miss them dearly...there is something about journeying together which brings you together, even though you don't really know each other... you learn to respect everyones journey.

Tomorrow they leave, there are 3 of us staying and another 14 people come in, another chance to journey.

Today we had a small service on Hope. Hope is what all people are looking for when they come here. Hope that there is a cure, relief from pain, a better way, a second chance, a time out to think. Hope there is something that gives them value. Hope that tomorrow can be better.
In my love for Jesus Christ, I have many of this answered. Health wise I have hope in a better future and I am learning a lot from the staff here.

We have been blessed by the presence of 12 Aboriginal ladies who have been here for two weeks.
this is their last day. They have been on their own journey of hope that they can change their community in the way they view food, exercise and so on. They sang for us this morning. Can they sing. Not only did they sing but they danced for us, a beautiful way to worship with heart, soul, mind and BODY. they seem to be a very a kin-aesthetic people. What they read, when sung and put to actions hits the mark.
Jo and I in our own small way have tried to help these ladies, but I really think the blessing has come back the other way. These ladies have also made me see the similarities and bonds in Maori, many more than I had realised. Tomorrow they leave and I would love the opportunity to pray with them and thank them for the special gift they have given us. Very heart warming.

I was very sick today and I couldn't thinking back to what Adrian, Naturopath, had been sharing with me. I have been so sick this this week, yesterdays stats that I have lost body weight, but a lot of that has come off muscle. Today I resolved that I must be more active, perhaps more slow and steady at the moment. Losing muscle from what little I had is not a good idea!
Jo went out shopping and I took the challenge quietly of starting to push myself again with exercise.

Tonight we had the weekly prizegiving feast...I received a Diploma in Healthy Living...lol you'll all
start having to listen to me now...
What a feast it was... fantastic meats, veges, cheeses!!!, fruit.
It really tested me though...
A palm-sized meat portion
2 handfuls of salad
...being controlled over fruit and cheese.
...remembering to chew 32 times:)
and not seem to obvious on seconds...

They make this into a real celebration event. What is even cooler is that Adrian, my Naturopath came with his family. I think his wife and Jo have a lot in common. How awesome is it when your key medical person comes in for a dinner with you!

They asked us all to make speeches on receiving our certificates, I may have made the longest speech on receiving my certificate. Jo did pretty well as well. The great thing is that this happens next Saturday night... I can fast again with that in mind.





The rest of the evening was speeches, singing, dancing(Yes I danced to an Aboriginal dance) and farewells. Jo and I were blown away when we got a special mention from their team, so humbling.We were also moved to hear one of the Aboriginal ladies 'wail' as a farewell to the people and friends they were leaving behind. The wailing is so emotional and from the heart, that is was another special blessing that we didn't know we had in store. So many hugs, you really do feel like you are part of a family.

2 comments:

  1. What an incredible day, very special. I'm not at all surprised that you two got a special mention... you are amazing! Keep up the great work, and keep smiling! : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooooooh video of the dance please! hehe

    ReplyDelete