Wednesday 6 May 2015

Jo's Point of View...

Well, it looks like it's my turn to write the blog post....
Scotty has had a tough day today and is getting an early night (that never happens so he must be feeling pretty bad). I am feeling a little despondent because although I am feeling great and full of energy so far the detox hasn't done the same for the person we came here for! We still have a few days so still hoping. It's pretty rough seeing him struggling.
I've been waking up with the birds every morning- wide awake...no sleeping in happening here and don't feel the need for it really. Scotty probably mentioned they do a walk at 6:15 every morning and a rebound trampoline and stretch class after that. I have been doing the walk but this morning I went for a steam instead - what a nice way to start the day with some nice warmth and then some shock cold treatment! Meanwhile Scotty grabs a bit more sleep to try to recover from the usual bad night. We have been getting a fair bit more exercise this week as we moved to a bigger room which is further away...and up a hill! And did Scotty tell you I went to the gym with him yesterday? Rare event...feeling just a little sore today!
Not too much happening today, we each had a massage - very relaxed..I hung out at the shop and did a bit of reading. It was such a beautiful warm day today - like a summers day for us, spent a bit of time sunbathing and got my vitamin D :) Almost felt like a swim..but the water is a tad cold.
I'm really enjoying the experience - pretty excited that in all my last 6 months or more of reading and research I have come to the same conclusions about what we should be doing healthwise as what they are teaching us each evening. Keen to go home and keep putting it into practice :) anyone want to go to the markets for me on Saturday?? I need to stock the fridge! They've given us some great ideas for sugar free icecreams just using fruit/coconut cream and some other tasty treats that the kids will love like chocolate mousse using avocados (well hopefully they love what I make cos there won't be anything else on offer other than real food in our house!) Eat. Real. Food - the new motto...
There are certainly some things I need to change when we get home too - mainly around spending less time on phone/laptop and making sure I get more sleep. Hours asleep before midnight are worth twice the hours after! Plus drink more water...and I'll be joining Scotty with the exercises his PT gave him (anyone have spare dumbells they're not using??)
And lastly...Scotty bought some healthy chocolate from the shop the other day...and I'm feeling just a little bit cranky just now because he scoffed it without sharing! I *needed it....they forgot my meal tonight as everyone else is detoxing, I had broth along with everyone else! So I had a spoon of coconut oil instead...which is pretty yum actually. We've started oil pulling too - anyone know what that is?

No comments:

Post a Comment